Great wear resistance even over extended time at elevated temperatures
Uddeholm Unimax is a high hardness hot work tool steel which provides great wear resistance even over extended time at elevated temperatures. It performs very well in precision forging and hot stamping.
- Improved durability and wear resistance in moulding processes that wear hard on the mould like, long run production, moulding of reinforced plastics and compression moulding
- Longer tool life and a smoother production run with fewer disturbances for maintenance due to the high ductility
- Problem solver in severe cold work applications where high chipping resistance is required
- The high hardness and toughness together with the good dimension stability makes Unimax suitable as a substrate steel for surface coating when needed
- The very good hardenability and the unique properties profile of Unimax make it especially suitable for larger moulds. Unimax is therefore supplied in larger dimensions