Cost efficient tool making
Uddeholm Carmo is a prehardened medium alloyed tool steel suitable for short and medium run tooling in applications where a very high chipping resistance is required. The property profile makes Uddeholm Carmo a robust cold work tool steel for heavy duty blanking and forming. It is delivered prehardened to 240-270 hb.
- Short tool making lead times
- Safe and consistent production
- Cost efficient tool making/production
- The prehardened delivery condition makes flame- , induction or laser hardening easier
- High reliability for tools in severe cold work applications where there is a high risk of chipping
- Reduced maintenance and downtime costs combined with increased productivity due to the reduced likelihood of premature failures
- Good weldability and the availability of welding electrodes with the same chemical composition as Uddeholm Carmo.