A robust cold work tool steel
Uddeholm Caldie is a medium alloyed tool steel suitable for short and medium run tooling in applications where a combination of very high chipping resistance and compressive strength is required. The property profile makes Uddeholm Caldie a robust cold work tool steel for heavy duty blanking and forming of AHSS (Advanced high strength steel).
- Uddeholm Caldie is very useful for severe cold work applications where there are high demands on both chipping resistance and compressive strength
- Uddeholm Caldie can easily be surface treated for improved wear resistance Very good dimensional stability
- Reduced maintenance and downtime costs combined with increased productivity due to the reduced likelihood of premature failures
- Reduced maintenance and downtime costs combined with increased productivity due to simplified maintenance procedures
- Good weldability and the availability of welding electrodes with the same chemical composition as Uddeholm Caldie
- Good flame-, induction- and laser hardenability