Uddeholm Orvar 2 Microdized
Excellent through-hardening properties
Uddeholm Orvar 2 Microdized is a cr-mo-v alloyed tool steel (AISI H13) with good high temperature strength and hot wear resistance. In east/south east asian countries served by Assab, Uddeholm Orvar 2 Microdized is sold as AS 8407 2M.
- The large dimension programme of round sizes and the even properties makes the material very suitable in Al-extrusion for dies and extrusion tooling.
- Good resistance to abrasion at both low and high temperatures
- High level of toughness and ductility
- Uniform and high level of machinability and polishability
- Good high-temperature strength and resistance to thermal fatigue
- Excellent through-hardening properties
- Very limited distortion during hardening